| || |
|FAQ: COVID-19 Drive-Through Testing|
Solano County, in partnership with California Office of Emergency Services (CalOES) and Touro University, and with materials provided by Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), has launched a drive-through testing site. The testing site is located at Health & Social Services, 2101 Courage Drive, Fairfield, CA.
Update: Drive-through testing will be phased out starting May 8, 2020
The drive-through testing site will be phased out on the week of May 8, 2020. Community members will be referred to the two state testing sites in Vacaville and Vallejo. Testing for these sites is by appointment only - please go to lhi.care/covidtesting to apply online for an appointment. For more information about these testing sites, visit the Community Testing Site FAQs.
Update for Kaiser Permanente Members:
As of April 28, 2020, Kaiser Permanente is testing all members who have COVID-19 symptoms. Kaiser Permanente Members who are symptomatic for COVID-19 are asked to call the Advice Nurse Line at 707-651-1025 to schedule a virtual appointment for their healthcare provider to obtain clinical and exposure history.
Who can get tested at the Solano County drive-through testing site?
- Symptomatic (have symptoms of COVID-19) older adults who are 65 and older as well as ill individuals with chronic diseases and whose symptoms are consistent with COVID-19. Examples of chronic diseases include, but at not limited to, heart disease, stroke, high blood pressure, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), Alzheimer's disease, chronic kidney disease, cancer or diabetes
- Symptomatic (have symptoms of COVID-19) first responders, healthcare workers and essential workers.
- Individuals must show symptoms consistent with COVID-19, including fever, cough chills or body aches. Testing is not available for asymptomatic individuals at this time.
- Individuals must live or work in Solano County and are asked to bring a valid identification card at the time of testing.
- Individuals with Kaiser Permanente as their health insurance plan and who have symptoms for COVID-19 are asked to call the Kaiser Permanente Advice Nurse Line at 707-651-1025 for testing.
Who are considered essential employees?
- Essential employees include, but are not limited to, employees in the following settings:
- Grocery stores, food banks, restaurants, and food delivery
- Gas stations and auto-repair facilities
- Transportation providers
- Childcare facilities
- Water, sewer, solid waste, gas, and electrical operations
- Mailing and shipping services
- Hardware stores, warehouses, and distribution centers
- Laundry service
- Telecommunications, internet, and media services
- This list is not exhaustive. For a list of essential occupations, visit the Shelter at Home 101 Guide
How do I make an appointment?
- Testing is by appointment only. The drive-through testing phone line is 707-784-8655 and is open from 9am to 4:30pm Monday through Friday until all appointment slots are filled.
Where is the testing site located?
- The location is at the Solano County Health & Social Services, 2101 Courage Drive, Fairfield, CA.
- There is no cost for this testing.
How is testing conducted?
- Testing consists of a self-administered nasal swab. Tests will then be processed at the Napa-Yolo-Solano-Marin Public Health Lab and will be available within 1-3 days.
For additional questions, you can call the warm line at 707-784-8988 or email COVID19@SolanoCounty.com.