Retention Services

If you are no longer eligible for CalWORKs, and you are employed, you may be eligible to receive supportive services through the Welfare to Work program for up to 12 months after your CalWORKs stops to help you maintain employment. You may be eligible to receive assistance with:

• Transportation, including mileage, toll, and parking
• Childcare
• Diapers for children under three years old
• Books and supplies for educational activities if you are a student while working
• Tools
• Uniforms
• Substance abuse, domestic abuse, and mental health services

If you are not currently employed and become employed within 12 months after you stop receiving CalWORKs, you may be eligible to receive these services. For more information, contact the County and ask to speak to an Employment Resource Specialist Lead worker.