PA Registry

What is the Public Authority Registry?

The Public Authority Registry helps match In-Home Supportive Service consumers with quality care providers. We recruit, screen and provide training classes to care providers, and work to ensure that our registry is a safe and reliable source for those who need in-home assistance.

Our Registry maintains a database of experienced care providers who have attended a Registry Recruitment session and have been interviewed by a member of our staff and cleared reference checking. Additionally they have undergone a California Department of Justice criminal background check as part of the screening process. They have also successfully completed the State mandated enrollment orientation process and have been cleared as eligible to work as an IHSS care provider.

IHSS Consumer

If you are a Solano County IHSS consumer and need help finding a care provider, you can call your social worker to request a provider list. You can reach your Solano County IHSS Social Worker by calling the IHSS Main Line at (707)784-8259.  Your social worker will send a referral to the Public Authority. Once we receive the referral, our Registry Staff will contact you to find out your specific needs and preferences.  A list of available caregivers will be sent to you based on your needs indicated.

Care Providers

 You MUSTpass the entire recruitment process in order to be a registry provider. The selection process will include:

  • Enrollment as an IHSS provider --  You must have completed an enrollment form, completed a background check, attend an orientation and sign an agreement that you understand the rights and responsibilities of being a care provider.
  • Be invited to an application session and complete the application process.
  • Potential care providers will be selected to apply and interview based on the information on the interest form.  
  • Pass the interview and reference checks.

Tips for being a successful provider on the registry

If you need more information about our registry, please call the Public Authority @ 707-784-8200.