|Modify-Renew CCW Permit
What is the process to Renew, Modify or obtain a duplicate CCW License?
- To Renew, Modify, or obtain a duplicate CCW license, please read the information below and complete the appropriate Application form. Once your request is processed, you will be contacted when the revised/updated license is ready for pick-up.
To Renew a CCW License: If you are a current CCW license holder in Solano County in good standing, you may renew your license online. Please note the following:
- CCW Renewal is the responsibility of the license holder, our office will not send out reminder notifications.
- If your CCW license is expired more than 365 days, you must apply for a new license.
- You are not authorized to carry concealed after the expiration date on your current permit has passed.
The following items must be submitted along with your renewal application:
- Copy of California driver’s license.
- Two months of current, consecutive utility bills, or other sufficient proof of full-time residency within the county of Solano as indicated in your application
- If utility bills are not in your name, documents provided must be monthly, recurring bills that come in the applicants name to the Solano County address listed on your application. No mortgage statements or annual bills.
- Proof of completion of a 4-hour CCW renewal course by an instructor from our Approved List.
- Proof of qualification must be submitted for each weapon
- Certification cannot be older than ninety (90) days at the time of receipt.
- There is a $77 charge to renew a CCW license.
- $52 of this fee is the DOJ fee
- $25 of this is the local fee
- CLICK HERE https://solanoso.permitium.com/ccw/start to renew your CCW license.
To Modify a CCW License: If you are a current CCW license holder in good standing, you may modify your CCW license online. A current CCW license holder must modify their existing license for any of the following reasons:
- Add, drop or change a weapon.
- Change of Address.
- Per California Penal Code 26210(B), the licensee shall notify the licensing authority in writing ten (10) days of any change in licensee’s place of residence.
- Solano County Sheriff’s office will accept email notification or mailed written notification. Notification needs to include new address and effective date of address change.
- Legal name change.
The following items will be required in addition to your submitted modification application:
- Modification for weapon change:
- Proof of qualification/weapon inspection for any weapon you wish to add. All qualifications must be from an instructor on our Approved List.
- ? Certification cannot be older than ninety (90) days at the time of receipt.
- Modification for Change of Address:
- Written notification of address change, if not already submitted.
- Current month utility bill or other sufficient proof of full-time residency as indicated on your application.
- Licensee will need to ensure their address change is on record with DMV at the time the modification application is submitted.
- Modification for Legal Name Change:
- Licensee will need to ensure their name change is on record with DMV at the time the modification application is submitted.
There is a $10 charge for all modification requests. CLICK HERE https://solanoso.permitium.com/ccw/start to modify your CCW license.
To Request a Duplicate CCW License: If you are a current CCW license holder in good standing, you may request a duplicate CCW license online if your permit has been lost, damaged or stolen.
The following items will be required in addition to your submitted application for a duplicate permit:
- Narrative explaining the need for the duplicate (i.e.: lost, damaged, stolen)
- If you are requesting a duplicate, and you are not able to return old license due to it being lost or stolen, you will need to file a police report and attach a copy of the report with your duplicate application.
There is a $10 charge for all duplicate requests. CLICK HERE https://solanoso.permitium.com/ccw/start to request a duplicate of your CCW license.
For further information regarding renewing, modifying or obtaining a duplicate CCW license, you may email the CCW unit at [email protected] or by calling 707-784-7034.