Marriage Ceremony
Who May Solemnize Marriages
(Family Code §400, §401, §402):
  • A priest, minister, or rabbi of any religious denomination.
  • A judge or retired judge, commissioner or retired commissioner, or assistant commissioner of a court of record or justice court in this state.
  • A judge or magistrate who has resigned from office.
  • A justice or retired justice of the United States Supreme Court.
  • A judge or retired judge of a court of appeals, a district court, or a court created by an act of Congress the judges of which are entitled to hold office during good behavior.
  • A judge or retired judge of a bankruptcy court or a tax court.
  • A United States magistrate or retired magistrate.
  • While in office, a legislator or constitutional officer of this state or a member of Congress who represents a district within this state.
  • Commissioner of civil marriages or retired commissioner of civil marriages. For each county, the county clerk is designated as commissioner of civil marriages.
On Site Civil Ceremonies
The Solano County Clerk performs Civil Marriage Ceremonies by appointment on Thursdays.
Use the link below to schedule a civil ceremony.
Schedule a Civil Marriage Ceremony

The Solano County Events Center (which is adjacent to the County Administration Center) can be rented for your ceremony or reception.  To receive information about the Events Center please call (707) 784-7900 or go to their website at www.solanocounty/depts/eventscenter for photos, fees and additional information.