| || |
A Note from your County Assessor:
| || |
|Marc Tonnesen |
I, Marc C. Tonnesen, as County Assessor, is primarily responsible for properly determining the taxable value of each property in Solano County. This is to ensure that property owners are paying the correct amount of property taxes.
In an effort to address the recent decline in property values, I have temporarily reduced the assessed value of tens of thousands of properties throughout the County. This is commonly referred to as a “Proposition 8” reduction, which allows the County’s Assessor to make temporary reductions in assessed value when real property suffers a decline in value.
In past years, my office mailed the Proposition 8 notices to taxpayers who received the temporary relief in assessed value. This year, however, in an effort to reduce cost we plan on posting Proposition 8 notices to our website.
Please note: Your assessed value is a matter of public record. No confidential information will be posted.
Please select the link below that best describes your request.
Property Owners suffering property damage from the recent LNU Lightning Complex Fire may be eligible for property tax relief for that portion of their property damaged or destroyed. To apply please complete and submit to the Assessor/Recorder's Department the Reassessment of Property Damaged or Destroyed by Misfortune or Calamity form linked below:
Reassessment of Property Damaged or Destroyed by Misfortune or Calamity Form
For additional information on qualifying events and eligible property please refer to the link below:
State Board of Equalization: Disaster Relief
Due to Covid-19 the Assessor/Recorder has enacted the following alternate schedule and operations.
Our lobby is open Monday thru Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (excluding holidays)
- Face coverings are required
- 6 ft. physical distancing is required
- Lobby maximum capacity is 20 people
- No more than 2 persons per window transaction
- Please complete Birth, Death or Marriage applications before entering the Assessor/Recorder Lobby
- Assessor Transactions may require an appointment be scheduled for later time and date depending on the complexity of the issue and availability of Appraisal staff.
Role of the Solano County Assessor's Division
The Solano County Assessor's Office is a division of the Solano County Assessor/Recorder and is responsible for providing accurate and timely property assessments and for determining eligibility for various property tax exemptions and exclusions.
There are approximately 140,000 parcels of land in Solano County and the Assessor's Office is responsible for determining the assessed value of each parcel for property tax purposes in accordance with California's property tax laws. We currently have a staff of 38 who perform this complex, challenging, and rewarding job.
Attention Solano County Property Taxpayers:
- Per Governor Newsom's Executive Order N-61-20, the May 7, 2020 deadline to submit your property statements has been extended to June 1, 2020. For a summary of the Governor's order please go to the Board of Equalization link here. To access a property statement form please click here.
|Proposition 8 |
Temporary reductions to your property's taxable value on the Assessment Roll can be initiated by either you or the Assessor. Use the links below for additional information and application forms. Prop 8 information Assessment Review Request Form (Prop 8 Form)