Solid Waste Management Program

    no notice/ meeting at this time

Public Notice/ Meetings 

A Public Informational Meeting will be held on September 21, 2021 to present information on the solid waste permit revision for Hay Road Landfill. This revision is for the landfill only and does not include Jepson Prairie Organics Compost Facility.

 Notice of Receipt
of a revised solid waste permit application for Hay Road Landfill

Garbage Exemption Program
On December 7, 2004, the Board of Supervisors approved the revision to the Solano County Chapter 23: Solid Waste, Recyclables and Green Waste Ordinance. This revision included an exemption process which allows the Department of Resource Management, Environmental Health Services Division to issue an exemption from mandatory garbage service collection, to those property owners who wish to haul their own solid waste, or recycle materials in a manner that does not create nuisance conditions and is consistent with Chapter 23.

Unincorporated County garbage exemption

If you have any questions or need additional information, please call (707) 784-6765 

Solid Waste (LEA) & Biosolids 
The Environmental Health Division is the Local Enforcement Agency (LEA) overseeing the sanitary disposal of solid waste. This includes issuance of permits, inspection, monitoring, and enforcement activities to assure proper storage, collection, transportation, and disposal of solid waste consistent with local and State regulations.

Biosolids may be disposed of in a landfill, and may also be utilized as alternative daily cover in a landfill.  The Environmental Health Services Division also issues permits for site registration and landspreading notification of biooslids as a soil supplement on farmland. Solano County Code, Chapter 25 contains the county's requirements for landspreading of biosolids.  More information can be found at the link to the
biosolids landspreading program.

Complaints regarding odors, insects, and/or health problems will be addressed. Individuals making health complaints should inform their physician and this Department. A 24-hour complaint line is established at (707) 580-7628 or you may submit a complaint online.

For additional information, visit the California Department of Resources Recycling and Recovery (CalRecycle).  You may also check specific information regarding solid waste disposal facilities in Solano County by using the SWIS Database feature on CalRecycle's web site.