|Rebuilding Dwellings After the LNU Lightning Complex Fire
Get ready to apply for your building permit
Our goal is to help you rebuild quickly & safely while ensuring your project is code-compliant. If you have any questions, please contact the Building Division at 707-784-6765.
To ensure a timely review, please provide complete documents describing your dwelling rebuild. You will need:
Apply for your building permit
- (1) completed building permit application
- (4) complete sets of drawings on 24x36 sheets or larger.
NOTE: We will accept drawings completed under the previous code cycle (2016 California Residential Code, or CRC) with modifications to reflect all 2019 CRC requirements.
- (4) copies of complete Title 24 energy calculations on 24x36 sheets or larger
- (4) copies of complete solar PV drawings on 11x17 sheets or larger
- (2) additional site plans on 24x36 sheets or larger
- (2) copies of the Geotechnical Report with original seal and signature of engineer. Reports older than two years will be accepted with a current letter from a geotechnical engineer stating that the original report is still valid.
- (2) copies of a signed and sealed letter from the geotechnical engineer indicating that the foundation drawings meet the recommendations and requirements contained in the geotechnical report.
- A method of payment for plan review fees
Once you have all of the above items you have two options to apply:
- Apply in person at the Building Division (675 Texas Street, Suite 5500, Fairfield, CA). Please make an appointment in advance by calling 707-784-6765
- Apply online here: https://aca.solanocounty.com/CitizenAccess/Welcome.aspx (the above documents will need to be mailed or delivered to the Building Division)
Solano County will review your drawings and verify that they meet minimum code requirements. The following groups will take part in review: Building Division, Planning Division, Environmental Health Division, Public Works, and Vacaville Fire.
This is a good time to obtain your proof of water service if you have not already done so. Please call 707-784-6765 or email [email protected] for status updates. We may provide minor markups and corrections on the drawings to speed up review, and we will email plan review comments or corrections directly to the applicant.
Building permit is issued
When your permit is ready to issue we will email you the remaining permit fee balance. Once all fees are paid we will issue the permit. Permits can be picked up at the Building Division or we can deliver the permit and approved drawings to the job site at the first inspection. Please provide your fire sprinkler drawings and truss shop drawings to the Building Division for review while construction gets underway.
Construction and inspections
We will inspect your project throughout construction. The approved drawings and permit card must be on site for each inspection. As a general rule, do not conceal anything unless an inspector has seen and approved it. The inspection process concludes with the final inspection.
The inspection scheduling process is outlined here: https://www.solanocounty.com/civicax/filebank/blobdload.aspx?BlobID=4047
- Call or email the Building Division: 707-784-6765 or [email protected]
- For zoning or setback information contact the Planning Division at 707-784-6765
- For well and septic information please contact the Environmental Health Division at 707-784-6765
- For fire district information please contact the Vacaville Fire District at 707-447-2252
Solano County Resource Management
- For a summary of the rebuild permit process, click here
- For a detailed summary of required drawings, click here
- For the building permit application, click here
- For an overview of minimum requirements to be shown on the drawings, click here
675 Texas Street, Suite 5500
Fairfield, CA 94533
Front Counter open by appointment Monday through Friday, 8am to Noon & 1pm to 5pm
Please call 707-784-6765 to make an appointment