| || |
|Healthy Families Solano County|
At Healthy Families Solano,
we believe that early, nurturing relationships are the foundation for life-long, healthy development.
HFS promotes positive parenting and child health and development, thereby preventing child abuse, neglect and other poor childhood outcomes!
The Healthy Families America (HFA) Strategy
Developed by Prevent Child Abuse America, HFA is a voluntary home visiting program founded on the ideals of excellence, trust and transformation. It is designed for parents facing challenges such as single parenthood; low income; childhood history of abuse and other adverse child experiences; current or previous issues related to substance abuse; mental health issues; and/or domestic violence.
The home visiting program is locally known as Healthy Families Solano (HFS).
HFS offers additional referral services to improve functioning of the entire family. Highly-trained home visitors provide valuable guidance and support to help parents be the best that they can be. Home visitors then develop a trusting relationship with parents and help them be more emotionally available for their child. HFS offers at least one home visit per week for the first six months after the child's birth. After those initial months, visit frequency is based on families' needs.
HFS aims to:
• Reduce child maltreatment
• Improve parent-child interactions and children’s social-emotional well-being
• Increase school readiness
• Promote child physical health and development
• Promote positive parenting
• Promote family self-sufficiency
• Increase access to primary care medical services and community services
• Decrease child injuries and emergency department use.
Home visitors provide services to help families with:
• Identifying baby's needs
• Learning how to bond with their child
• Ensuring families have a medical provider
• Sharing information on the child's development
• Linking families to other resources in the community
• Helping families feel more empowered
• Setting goals for themselves and their families
• Pregnant women or parents who have babies less than 2 months old
• Solano County residents, regardless of income or cultural background
How to Enroll
Pregnant moms or parents of a newborn can join Healthy Families Solano by calling 1-877-680-2229 (BABY).
Community agencies and providers:
Make a difference in families' lives by connecting them to HFS!
Complete the MCAH Central Referral Form, select HFS under "Programs," and fax to 707-784-2229 (BABY).
Solano HFA Brochure for Providers
Solano HFA Brochure for Participants
Healthy Families America
Prevent Child Abuse America