| || |
To enhance the quality of life by protecting agriculture and the natural and built environment while:
- ensuring orderly growth,
- balancing conservation and development,
- involving the public in decision-making, and
- providing exceptional customer service.
For Boards, Commissions, and Special Districts, please click here.
Planning Staff Directory
1. Current Planning
Ensure the timely and accurate processing of planning permit applications in the unincorporated County and ensure the accuracy and consistency of information provided to interested persons related to Federal, State and County statutes, codes and policies related to uses of land in the County of Solano.
Provides assistance to applicants in preparing and obtaining permits, understanding the Zoning and Subdivision Codes, and providing timely information to applicants and the general public on pending projects.
Support the Board of Supervisors and Planning Commission to form policy and make decisions on land use matters - and delegated to staff - are the decision making responsibilities of the Zoning Administrator.
2. Long-Range Planning & General Plan Implementation
- Prepare and maintain comprehensive plans and policies that guide development and land use decisions to meet the goals and policies of the County and its citizenry consistent with the best principles of planning practice.
Carries out policy planning activities including major General Plan amendments and updates, specific plan and neighborhood plan preparation, special projects like
3. Commissions and Boards Staff Support
Provide efficient and effective staff support services to the County Planning Commission, Local Agency Formation Commission, Airport Land Use Commission, the Tri City and County Cooperative Planning Group, the Vacaville/Fairfield/Solano County Greenbelt Authority, the Integrated Waste Management Local Task Force, and County Housing Authority to enable these Boards and commissions to make timely and informed decisions.